$17-22/hour based on experience
- Updates payroll records by collecting and managing changes in exemptions, direct deposit forms and 401K changes
- Gather data from multiple sources, and work with many employees and pay scales.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Understand correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute time sheets and attendance processing.
- Research and email appropriate audience of file issues.
- Talk with employees to help them understand their paycheck and any changes that may occur.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Help resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Help providing payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Employment Verification as needed
- Process manual checks
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Specifications:
- Good decision making and communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating employees;
- Possesses a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills
- Maintain a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making & Problem-solving.
- Analytical, Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position calls for extended hours biweekly on Monday and Tuesday and occasionally some holidays and weekends to ensure that our employees are paid properly and timely.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Always Best Care Senior Services is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, natural origin, qualified disability or veteran status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or any other legally protected category.