Dutchess Day School is an elementary and middle school that provides a strong academic foundation, values children’s natural curiosity, and fosters an enduring enthusiasm for learning.
Dutchess Day School is currently is seeking to add an experienced Spanish Teacher to our team of professionals. This position includes Spanish instruction in both the Lower (grades Pre-K - 4) and Upper (grades 5-8) Schools
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES) Dutchess Day School seeks a dynamic teacher who inspires students to learn Spanish and who works collaboratively with colleagues in various curricular areas and divisions. Candidate must be US citizen or have a green card, be fluent, have a strong knowledge of Spanish grammar and vocabulary, and have training in second language instruction. Candidates should be passionate about teaching and celebrating Spanish language and Hispanic cultures and should be committed to collaborating with colleagues. Candidates should have successful teaching experience in lower or middle school levels. Candidates should be comfortable using a blended approach based on ACTFL's standards and conducting classes exclusively in Spanish while incorporating a deep focus on cultural understandings.
• Bachelor's degree in education or Spanish, a teaching certificate or credential or equivalent successful experience teaching in classroom settings. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. • Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment and instructional strategies.
• Promotes the use of multiple methods in solving problems, identifying more efficient strategies and generalizing principles to a broad variety of applications.
• Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning and to consider multiple perspectives when solving problems.
• Invests in the life of the school by participating in the advisory program, social and emotional learning, weekly department meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings, anti-bias training, and any and all aspects that support the student experience.
• Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment and integrity.
• Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and faculty.
• Dutchess Day School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.
• All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check, LiveScan fingerprinting and TB screening.
To qualify, candidates should have 3-5 years of teaching experience.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field is required and a master’s degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and is motivated to work collaboratively within a robust teaching team.
Qualified candidates click to APPLY