Senior Systems Engineer (Senior Associate)
ABOUT THE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP NETWORK
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning membership network of 100 of the nation's leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits. Together, our mission is to help millions of people gain access to affordable homes and thriving communities that offer economic opportunity and an enhanced quality of life. We firmly believe everyone deserves to live in a vibrant community where housing fosters dignity, opportunity, and well-being.
Since our founding in 1992, HPN has collectively served over 11 million people; developed, rehabilitated, or preserved about 400,000 affordable homes; and launched 14 successful social enterprises. Our work has been recognized with honors including the MacArthur Award for Creative & Effective Institutions and Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance. Learn more at www.housingpartnership.net.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
HPN is committed to creating a diverse and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. HPN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We aspire to build a diverse team, one that better reflects the people and communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Collaboration - We are a true network. We believe in the power and benefits of broad engagement, empowerment and collaboration.
Connection - We actively build relationships that connect people, ideas, and organizations to forge new paths for improving communities.
Inclusion - We recognize our power comes from the collective and cooperative nature of our work, based on an environment that is inclusive of diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
Respect - We are open, honest, and respectful in all of our interactions which strengthens our relationships, our mission, our work with colleagues and members, and ultimately the lives of the people we all serve.
Transformation - We work with our members to transform our industry by creating systemic solutions to help people who live in our communities to thrive.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Systems Engineer (Senior Associate) is a high-profile position responsible for recommending, maintaining, implementing, and supporting desktop solutions, as well as designing and deploying infrastructure engineering solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer may also act as a project manager to implement or migrate new or upgraded IT infrastructure and services in support of business objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exemplify a friendly, customer-first attitude with a clear eagerness to assist others.
- Respond to service requests via the help desk ticketing system, telephone calls, email, and walk up.
- Configure and deploy managed technology hardware for new hires and current staff upgrades.
- Possess and exercise exceptional troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills, including ability to document all procedures.
- Communicate with vendors for purchasing of hardware, software, and other services.
- Manage hardware inventory and software licenses using Inventory Management System. Recycle and donate hardware as needed.
- Integrate and maintain all SaaS applications, such as Zoom and Okta
- Deploy software patches and installations through PDQ Deploy, MS Endpoint Manager, and Jamf.
- Partner with the Director of IS to provide a comprehensive approach to evaluating new software and/or hardware and making recommendations on system improvements and upgrades.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, time management skills, an ability to work independently, and a willingness to improve or enhance responsibilities of the position.
- Administer Active Directory, Office 365 services, Salesforce andother applications, including the creation of custom scripts and automated workflows.
- Contribute to Information Security Management Systems team
- Training of end-users on systems, software, and Information Security
- Maintenance of network and related systems
- Associate/Bachelors or 7 years of experience in IT and related field preferred
- Experience with Windows and MacOS systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users easily
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Experience working simultaneously on multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity
- Knowledge of Active Directory, networking concepts, Office 365 products and services (OneDrive, Sharepoint), VoIP, remote support, video teleconferencing, scripting with zsh, bash, and PowerShell
- Exposure to Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 preferred
- Familiarity with DNS management
- Exposure to formal project management techniques preferred
- Must be able to lift 40lbs (~13.5kg)
- Occasional travel may be required
- Position is based in Boston, MA