Physician – Non-Invasive Cardiology
Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc. is seeking a full-time Physician – Non-Invasive Cardiology at our facility in Rapid City, South Dakota to detects and treats heart disease using invasive and non-invasive tests to evaluate and diagnose adult cardiac disorders.
Requires a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree or foreign equivalent from an accredited medical school plus two years of experience in cardiology, which may be gained through a physician fellowship program. Must have 24 months of experience with each of the following:
(1) early diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, arrhythmias, and heart failure a wide range of acute or chronic cardiology problems in the inpatient and outpatient settings;
(2) performing invasive right heart catheterizations to diagnose pulmonary hypertension and heart failure-related diseases and invasive left heart catheterizations to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease;
(3) interpreting transthoracic echocardiograms, treadmill stress tests, nuclear stress tests, vascular imaging and cardiac computed tomography for non-invasive diagnosis of coronary artery disease, congenital heart disease, heart failure, and peripheral artery disease; and
(4) performing transesophageal echocardiogram to diagnose endocarditis, valvular disease, and stroke work up and prior to structural heart disease procedure.
- Requires license to practice medicine in South Dakota.
- Must be board certified in Internal Medicine. Must be board certified in Cardiology or eligible for board certification at time of hire.
- All experience may have been gained concurrently.
- Full-time work schedule is 2080 hours per year, which includes on-call coverage and occasional nights and weekends.
Click APPLY below to submit your resume today!!