At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Burney District has an opening for a qualified Forest Patrol person to help patrol and manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta, Lassen, Siskiyou, and Modoc counties. This is a seasonal position based in Burney, CA.
About The Position
• Patrol Company lands and interact with the public
• Enforce Sierra Pacific Industries’ Access Policy
• Close communication with local fire and law enforcement personnel
• Respond to all District incidents, fires, and law enforcement actions when on duty
• Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner
• Fire Inspection of logging, road construction, and other contractors operating on Company lands
• Manage and repair Company gates and signs
• Operate chainsaw, winch and other various equipment
• Miscellaneous forestry-related project work requiring demanding physical activity
• 2 years of prior experience in law enforcement, fire, security, or natural resource sectors
• Availability to work irregular hours including weekends and most holidays
• Ability to work as a “team” member, but also independently in remote areas
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with the public
• Computer skills preferred, with the ability to operate GPS device and tablet to navigate and collect data
• A valid California driver’s license and the ability to drive safely on mountain roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
SALARY RANGE: $34,132-$48,235 ANNUALLY 1 FTE
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and resume by
September 23rd, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049