Valley Health Team
is seeking experienced personnel for full-time
For our new location in Bishop, CA!
Valley Health Team Community Health Center is coming to Bishop!
If you are passionate about providing comprehensive primary health care to underserved populations, then look no further!
UPLOAD /SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO START THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Under the direct supervision of the Health Center Manager, the Medical Assistant (MA) performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The MA must work collaboratively with all clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility, and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the medical assistant to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current Basic Life Support card
- Minimum one (1) year work experience
- Willingness to work well with other healthcare providers
- Commitment to the concept of preventative medicine and team approach to healthcare delivery
- Willingness to participate aggressively in the expanded role of the medical assistant
- Ability to learn about patients and their problems
- Strong customer service skills (preferably within a service industry)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Must have strong organization skills; ability to multi-task
- Modern office practices and procedures (including email)
- Fluent conversational English/Punjabi or English/Spanish is preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and available to work at all site locations
- Must have own transportation, valid California Driver’s License and current proof of automobile insurance
- Demonstrated ability to provide world-class patient experience using CICARE principles and practices. Ability
to be proactive and to go above and beyond the call of duty; take initiative to provide a world class patient
experience in all encounters via email, phone or in person
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for patient appointments by reviewing and updating patient records prior to appointment which
includes: checking for updates of recent test results, lab results and correspondence; also review patient record
(EHR) to determine needed services and whether referrals are in process or have been completed since last visit.
- Maintain exam rooms according to protocols; clean rooms between patient exams to ensure patients’ comfort
and compliance with infection control standards.
- Ensure all necessary supplies are stocked; promptly report when supplies are low and works with nursing staff to
ensure timely reordering is completed.
- Appropriately prepare patient for visit and alert physician when patient is ready to be seen; if provider is
unavailable, the MA will keep the patient updated on the status of their appointment and when necessary assist
the patient in rescheduling or scheduling follow-up.
- Instruct patient as to general clinic policies, patients’ rights and responsibilities as needed.
- Provide initial medical screening: greet patient and direct to appropriate exam room; take vitals and basic
medical history – accurately document in medical chart according to generally accepted medical standards.
- Assist medical provider(s) or nursing staff upon request during examination of patient and according to
generally accepted medical standards.
- Facilitate communication between the provider(s) and patient as needed, including translation as appropriate.
- Utilize time in a constructive and efficient manner by assisting in such duties as restocking rooms/shelves/trays,
checking supplies and ensuring that all areas such as exams rooms are clean and orderly.
- Perform general clerical duties in support of patient services according to the needs of the clinic and as directed
by the Director of Nursing, provider(s) and nursing staff; these include, but are not limited to answering phones,
photocopies, faxing, typing, completing forms, etc.
- Work with patient scheduling system to assist Front Office staff with orderly and efficient patient flow.
- Maintain nurses’ station, according to protocols; performs routine quality check of equipment and promptly
reports damaged or missing equipment from patient rooms.
- Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Medical
Department directives, center policy as well as state and federal regulation(s).
- Perform all functions in full compliance with the center’s and the Medical Department Exposure Control Plan
including but not limited to the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- On a temporary basis, may be required to work at any satellite facility.
- Contribute to team effort by assisting other departments as needed and while maintaining confidentiality of
Job Description: Medical Assistant, Page 2
- Work cooperatively with all staff members and outside sources in a professional manner to deliver a high level
- Observe and practice all VHT Patient Experience Service Standards as outlined in “World Class Practices: My
Commitment to Care (which I have read and signed). Practice CICARE when interacting with patients, their
families, visitors, or internal customers.
- Practice CICARE phone etiquette during all phone interactions.
- Always exercise courtesy whenever patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are present.
- Respect privacy and dignity of our patients, family members, visitors and co-workers.
- Maintain professionalism in the presence of patients, their families, visitors and co-workers.
- Act as a role model, verbally and behaviorally demonstrating skill, enthusiasm, positive problem solving,
commitment and loyalty to the profession and the organization.
- Engage as a member of the care team caring for individuals in the community
- Prep for and lead daily huddles
- Promote and educate on evidence-based preventive care, chronic care needs, and self-management support
- Deliver clinical screening tests and immunizations
- Follow applicable regulations: Joint Commission, OSHA, HIPAA, and CLIA.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state,
and local requirements, and The Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organization standards.
- Perform other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The office setting is a normal work environment. Occasionally work during early morning, evening or weekend. May be subjected to temperature variances in the office.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, or walking for up to eight hours a day. Some
bending, stretching, or reaching may be necessary. Lifting up to 40 pounds may be required on occasion. Vision
must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contact.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may come in contact with hazardous equipment such as liquid nitrogen, cleaning agents, and sharps. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become excessively loud with the increased patient flow during a busy clinic day.
UPLOAD /SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO START THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
Valley Health Team is an equal opportunity employer
Valley Health Team has multiple opening for experienced personnel for the following full-time positions:
Lead Medical Assistant
Lead Front Desk Rep.
Front Desk Rep.
Case Manager Behavioral Health
Director of Operations/Ref Specialists/Med Records
Registered Dental Assistant